Thursday, March 15, 2012

11 Questions To Help Discern If We Are Judgemental

These 11 questions cut like a knife as they probed my soul for answers.
Righteous judgment is a wholesome command that we are all called to
relationally walk out with one another, and yet, it can be easy to fall prey
to becoming overly critical in our attitude.

However,  the questions also point to the seriousness of compromised integrity
when we resort to minimizing, rationalizing, jutifying or moralizing the sin in
our own lives.

May the Exalted Christ grant each of us the strength of grace to walk with
integrity with ourselves and others by avoiding these two dangers.

rgh

1. Am I more likely to see the sin in others than my sin?


2. When I pray, am I more likely to pray for God’s judgment
 on others rather than marvel at God’s amazing grace toward me?


3. Am I overly critical toward others while I give myself a pass or
 an excuse and justify my own sin?


4. Does my own sin ever lead me to deep remorse and repentance?


5. Do I have people whom I allow to hold me accountable for my sin
 and unforgiving heart?


6. Do I have a tendency to be unforgiving while expecting others to
 forgive me quickly?


7. Do I find joy in exposing sin in others?


8. Do I find more joy in the “gotcha” moments of exposing sin
 or in sharing the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ?


9. When others see how I deal with people, will they think God
 is mighty to save or that God would never forgive them and there
 is no hope for forgiveness?


10. Do I receive correction humbly?


11. Before I correct others, do I spend time in God’s Word and prayer
 asking the Holy Spirit to expose my sin so that I might repent.

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/trevinwax/2012/03/15/11-questions-to-discern-a-judgmental-heart/?

No comments:

Post a Comment