Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A Template For Personal Prayer When Being Malciously Attacked

Psalm 7:1-11 is a great template for prayer when compromised men set themselves against us. The Psalmist maintains personal integrity by inviting divine scrutiny.


O LORD my God, in You I have taken refuge;
Save me from all those who pursue me, and deliver me,

Or he will tear my soul like a lion,
Dragging me away, while there is none to deliver.

O LORD my God, if I have done this,
If there is injustice in my hands,

If I have rewarded evil to my friend,
Or have plundered him who without cause was my adversary,

Let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it;
And let him trample my life down to the ground
And lay my glory in the dust.
Selah!

Arise, O LORD, in Your anger;
Lift up Yourself against the rage of my adversaries,
And arouse Yourself for me; You have appointed judgment.

Let the assembly of the peoples encompass You,
And over them return on high.

The LORD judges the peoples;
Vindicate me, O LORD, according to my righteousness and my integrity that is in me.

O let the evil of the wicked come to an end, but establish the righteous;
For the righteous God tries the hearts and minds.

My shield is with God,
Who saves the upright in heart.

God is a righteous judge,
And a God who has indignation every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment