Monday, March 29, 2010

John Piper Takes 8 Month Leave

It has been announced that John Piper will be stepping back from ministry for a prolonged period in order to refocus his priorities. The integrity Piper demonstrates is a model worthy of emulation.

We've all watched ministers hide their issues only to see the dire consequences.
I am absolutley convinced that whatever a minister is willing to compromise for gain, he will eventually lose.

At RMS, we should hold men like Piper in high esteem. May I suggest everyone click on Adrian Warnocks post below and watch the entire video.

[rgh]


"I asked the elders to consider this leave because of a growing sense that my soul, my marriage, my family, and my ministry-pattern need a reality check from the Holy Spirit. On the one hand, I love my Lord, my wife, my five children and their families first and foremost; and I love my work of preaching and writing and leading Bethlehem. I hope the Lord gives me at least five more years as the pastor for preaching and vision at Bethlehem.

But on the other hand, I see several species of pride in my soul that, while they may not rise to the level of disqualifying me for ministry, grieve me, and have taken a toll on my relationship with Noël and others who are dear to me. How do I apologize to you, not for a specific deed, but for ongoing character flaws, and their effects on everybody? I’ll say it now, and no doubt will say it again, I’m sorry. Since I don’t have just one deed to point to, I simply ask for a spirit of forgiveness; and I give you as much assurance as I can that I am not making peace, but war, with my own sins."


http://adrianwarnock.com/2010/03/john-piper-taking-eight-month-break-from-ministry/

http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/justintaylor/2010/03/28/john-pipers-leave-of-absence/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+between2worlds+%28Between+Two+Worlds%29


http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2010/4555

No comments:

Post a Comment