Thursday, October 22, 2009

Set The Example!

Perry Noble's Worship Leader wrote the following :

Be a person worthy of authority. Let me put it this way: if you are lazy, expect laziness from your staff. If you aren’t passionately in love with God, expect moral failure and disunity in your staff. Perry won’t broadcast this, but ever since I have known him, he gets up at 5am or earlier, spends an hour or two with God, and then spends hour or two in the gym. And then he hits the office. So, when I go into a meeting and he tells me something i don’t really agree with, I keep my mouth shut and I listen before I say anything in response; I know he walks with God and I have tremendous respect for that. It’s much easier to follow a leader who is more disciplined than you. If you want a humble staff, be humble. If you want a staff that is anything… you must be that, first. your staff will reflect your own character. So, if your staff is lazy, doesn’t value excellence, or is disconnected from culture, look no further than your own mirror for the reason why. Everything rises and falls on leadership. Be a Proverbs 15:33 leader.

http://www.perrynoble.com/2007/09/06/seven-things-worship-leaders-wished-their-senior-pastor-knew/

No comments:

Post a Comment